Welcome! Thank you so much for investing in the Kingdom of God through prayer. We are expecting God to respond in wonderful ways for His glory! The water, coffee and drinks are for you, especially if it’s the middle of the night - enjoy.
Here are some prayer helps and guidelines if you need them. Remember that prayer is just talking to a Father that loves you more than you can imagine. Our only request is that you pray with FAITH! Believe that your prayers will be heard and answered. Listen to the words of Jesus in Matthew 21:22, “If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.”
- Start with Praise! Praise Him for everything and anything that you can think of – creation, mercy, grace, power, justice, provider, healer, forgiveness, love, majesty, that He has adopted you as a son or daughter…and so on. Psalm 22:3 tells us that He will inhabit your praise.
- Confess and turn from any known sin or disobedience in your life so that you can be in full fellowship with God and unbroken communication.
- Thank Him! Thank Him for all the blessings in your life – health, relationships, salvation, provision, material possessions, a church, your salvation…and so on.
- Pray for the coming revival and ask God to come in a powerful way in Brock and Parker County – For His glory and power to come in His people individually and in His churches in this area. That His kingdom would continue to come to earth and change us forever!
- Pray that God would strengthen and purify your faith. Ask Him to give you the ability to believe Him for humanly impossible things. Ask Him to give you big dreams and a hunger to seek first His kingdom.
- Ask God for the salvation of the lost in our area. Start praying for everyone you know that needs to know the love of Jesus.
- Pray for our leaders here at The Gathering – Randy Wood (Worship Leader), Jeff Hopkins (Executive Pastor), Jacob Jenkins (Youth Pastor), Ashley Byars (Children’s Minister, Secretary and Finance), Jean Davis (Benevolence), DanE Cokenour (Elder), Andy Wright (Elder), James Scott (Elder), Jason Spencer (Elder) and Jesse Tunnell (Lead Pastor and Elder). Pray for their spiritual and physical protection, that they would have an intense hunger for God’s presence, that they will be filled with the Holy Spirit, for the protection of their marriages, wisdom and revelation for leadership.
- Pray for our corporate worship services. Pray that God would be faithful to meet us. Pray that the people will encounter His presence in a real and life-changing way. Pray for an anointing over Randy during worship. Pray for an anointing over Jesse as he teaches the Word. Pray for spiritual freedom to worship the Lord and to respond to Him.
- Pray for The Gathering to gain favor in the community so that we will be able to shine as a light in this community. Pray for favor with the school board, school counselors, teachers, administrators, the county precinct, the volunteer fire department, local businesses and favor with the other churches of our community.
- Pray for a new building without accumulating debt.
- Pray for financial increase for our church so that we are not limited in ministry by our financial position. Pray that God will prosper us so we can be generous to all in need for the sake of the Gospel.
- Pray for families of The Gathering. A directory is here for you. Pray for them individually by name. Pray the same things that you have prayed for our leaders.
- Pray that God would give His children dreams and visions of Himself and His glory. Pray that we would receive spiritual gifts and the wisdom to use them to edify His church. Pray for miracles, signs, and wonders for His kingdom to be furthered.
- Pray for the other churches and their leaders in our community. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit and presence in their individual members and their worship services. Pray for unity among the community churches – First Baptist Brock, Brock United Methodist Church, Brock Church of Christ, Dennis Baptist Church, Grace Community Fellowship, Greenwood Baptist Church and Silverado Cowboy Church.
- Pray the Psalms. Open the bible to Psalms and start reading them as prayers to the Lord. I recommend Psalm 1, 61, 62, 63, 66, 84, 91, 112.
Thank you so much for your commitment to prayer! You just changed the world by interacting with the movement of God in this world through faith. Blessings and peace go with you in the name of Jesus.